Official Optimize Pc
When you are running a PC, you may notice that over time, the performance begins to slow down a bit. The longer you run a computer, the more files, programs, and data your computer will accumulate. What you have on your system, as well as how it is organized, can all contribute to slower performance and loading times.
To optimize your PC for better performance, there are many things you can do. The more steps you take to improve performance, the greater their collective benefit will be. While there are hundreds of tips out there, here are some of the most helpful:
1. Have less programs run immediately on startup. When programs you use infrequently are set to run automatically, they slow your computer down. Go to Start > Run> and type "MSCONFIG" to access the Startup tab and unselect unnecessary programs.
2. Clean out temporary files. Every so often, empty the recycle bin, temporary internet files, and old system restore data. This can be done through My Computer > Properties > Disc Cleanup. With more space, your computer can run faster.
3. Update your drivers. Frequently, the drivers that help your devices and programs communicate will be updated to reflect better technology and programming. Check for updates to get better performance.
4. Defragment your data. Computers sometimes break files into smaller pieces for storage. Once you accumulate more files, it can help to take a step back and rearrange. Go to My Computer > Properties > Tools to access the automated disk defragmenter.
5. Delete programs you do not use. Old programs that you no longer use are a waste of space, which slows down your whole PC.
6. Update programs you do use. When programs you do use have updates, install them. These updates general improve both performance and security.
7. Security. Use anti-virus software that keeps unwanted files from becoming embedded in your system. Such files will cause many problems, including slowing you down.
Now you can download driver updates automatically and safely.
Discover how updating your drivers can optimize your PC. Cure PC crashes, hang-ups, and unresponsiveness by updating your drivers
So you can download driver updates automatically, click the "Let's Get Started" button below. You will need to download the software and run the program. This handy software utility will keep your system up to date by automatically getting the latest drivers from your hardware's manufacturer - No need to waste hours upon hours every week searching the Internet for the latest driver files. Access to over 2,000,000 Device Associated Drivers, 640,000 are specific to computer manufacturers. You have better things to do then a driver scavenger hunt!
Take the frustration out of
updating your drivers!
Driver Detective's massive driver database, fast scan technology, and great user interface make it the industry leader in driver scanning. It's so easy to get your computer updated with the latest drivers that we think every computer should have this software on it. When you have the most up to date device drivers on your system, your computer will run at optimal performance and be free of errors!
Driver Detective software is designed to quickly locate the most current drivers specific to your computer system through its user friendly interface and access to an extensive database. Driver Detective saves the frustration and extensive time investment usually associated with updating drivers.
Apple Drivers | AC97 Drivers | Acer Drivers | ASIO Drivers | ASUS Drivers | Atheros Drivers | ATI Drivers | ATI Radeon Drivers | Audigy Drivers | Audio Drivers | Belkin Drivers | Bluetooth Drivers | Bose Drivers | Broadcom Drivers | Brother Drivers | Bus Drivers | Canon Drivers | Compaq Drivers | Creative Drivers | D-Link Drivers | eMachine Drivers | Ethernet Controller Drivers | Gateway Drivers | GeForce Drivers | HP Drivers | IBM Drivers | Intel Drivers | Keyboard Drivers | Legacy Audio Drivers | Linksys Drivers | Logitech Drivers | Microsoft Drivers | Modem Drivers | Monitor Drivers | Motherboard Drivers | Mouse Drivers | MSI Drivers | Multimedia Audio Controller Drivers | NETGEAR Drivers | Network Card Drivers | PCI Drivers | Printer Drivers | Radeon Drivers | RAID Drivers | RAZR Drivers | Realtek Drivers | Router Drivers | Sager Drivers | Samsung Drivers | SATA Drivers | Scanner Drivers | SigmaTel Drivers | Sound Blaster Drivers | SoundMax Drivers | ThinkPad Drivers | Toshiba Drivers | TWAIN Drivers | USB Drivers | VGA Drivers | VIA Drivers | Video Card Drivers | Webcam Drivers
PC Articles: Keeping PCs Cool | Optimize Pc | Pc Device Driver | Remove Virus | Removing Spyware | Safe Mode | Speed Boot Up Time | Uninstall Pc Programs | Upgrade To Vista | Why Update Pcs | How To Backup Data
I was so frustrated with my computer I was going to throw it out the window. It kept freezing on me. My co-worker said I should try DriverDetective because it will clean out my registry. I ran DriverDetective and it updated 24 drivers. Surprisingly my computer stopped freezing. I run DriverDetective monthly and it never ceases to amaze me how many easy it is to keep my pc up to date!
My computer kept crashing with illegal operation errors. At first I thought it was a virus, but my antivirus wasn't able to find anything wrong. I ran your software and found over 30 outdated drivers!!! After it corrected them, my computer was no longer crashing! Thank you for saving me a lot of time and headache! Y ou fixed my PC when nothing else did!
San Dimas, California